Apply today for free and reduced meals (Educational Benefits)
Students who qualify for free or reduced priced meals will receive FREE breakfast and FREE lunch, along with receiving reduced rates for certain school fees as well as Community Education classes. Applications must be filled out every school year in order to qualify; applications can be completed any time during the school year.
You can also request a paper application from any school or the Education Service Center at 4148 Winntekta Avenue North in New Hope.
FREE Breakfast and Lunch Meal Bundles - Fall 2020
Robbinsdale Nutrition Services will be able to serve anyone, 18 and under, free breakfast and lunch 5-day meal bundles during Distance Learning PLUS per the USDA announcement on August 31, 2020. We are offering meal bundle pick up at seven sites with daytime and evening time frames to meet the needs of our community. The five-day meal bundles are meant to be picked up one time per week. Menu and heating instructions are available at rdale.nutrislice.com.
Despite meals being free through June 30, 2021, it is still very important all families fill out an application for educational benefits. Qualifying for educational benefits means a student(s) will have access to free breakfast and lunch, reduced fees for activities and provides critical funding for the district and schools.
Please visit any one of our 5 other sites Oct 12-14th:
Monday- Plymouth Middle School 11-12:30pm
Monday- Sandburg Middle School 4-5:30pm
Tuesday- Lakeview Elementary School 11-12:30pm
Wednesday- Meadow Lake Elementary School 11-12:30pm
Wednesday- Robbinsdale Middle School 4-5:30pm
Nutrition Services - Distance Learning Model
Meal Pick Up
- Families will have access to meal packages containing 5 breakfasts and 5 lunches at 7 school sites throughout the district. Sites will be centered on PLUS sites: Cooper High School, Sandburg Middle School, Robbinsdale Middle School, Plymouth Middle School, Meadow Lake Elementary, Northport Elementary and Lakeview Elementary. A family may choose the most convenient location for them; it does not have to be their student’s school.
- Meals are FREE to anyone in the community, 18 and under.
- Meals will be provided Mondays through Fridays at specific locations with and a variety of times to accommodate families. Meals will be offered curbside, and families will pull up and get out of their vehicle to pick up meal bundles.
- Thanks to a USDA waiver, parents/guardians are able to pick up meals without their children present.
- Meals are provided until the end of distribution or we run out. There is no preorder needed for the 5-day meal bundle pick up at this time. This does make forecasting numbers somewhat difficult. If we run out of meals, Nutrition Services will provide information on other local food resources as well as information on the next available distribution.
- Families may only access meals at one site per week.
Tier 1 Childcare
- Meals for enrolled students in childcare will be provided onsite by staff in kitchens.
- As with meal pick up, breakfast and lunch will be provided for free.
- Students in childcare will not go through the lunch line at this time. Meals will be pre-packaged for handout by Adventure Club staff.
- Children in childcare are unable to pick up 5-day meal bundles at distribution sites.
Other Pertinent Details
- Menus will meet National School Breakfast and Lunch Program guidelines for meal components. Menus, ingredient information and meal preparation directions will be posted at rdale.nutrislice.com.
- Per Summer Food Service Program, meals are available to anyone 18 and under who lives in our school district. Meals are also available for 18-21 year olds enrolled in the Robbinsdale Transition Center (RTC) program.
- Nutrition Services is able to provide reasonable substitutions for special dietary needs only once the special diet form has been filled out by a licensed physician, physician assistant, or an advanced practice registered nurse, such as a certified nurse practitioner. This form must be returned to Brie Smith, Assistant Director of Nutrition Services at Brianna_Smith@rdale.org. Once approved, special diets will need to be ordered in advance to ensure that our kitchens have foods on hand.
Meal Pick Up Sites and Times
|Day||Time||School||Door #||Door Location|
|Mondays||4 - 5:30 p.m.||Sandburg Middle School
2400 Sandburg Lane, Golden Valley MN 55427
|20||Back of building, closest to sports fields|
|Mondays||11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Plymouth Middle School
10011 36th Avenue North, Plymouth MN 55441
|Tuesdays||11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Lakeview Elementary
4110 Lake Drive, Robbinsdale MN 55422
|6||Follow signage and staff to bus lane entry off Lake Drive|
|Wednesdays||4 - 5:30 p.m.||Robbinsdale Middle School
3730 Toledo Avenue North, Robbinsdale MN 55422
|16||Back of building, closest to Regent Ave.|
|Wednesdays||11 - 12:30 p.m.||Meadow Lake Elementary
8525 62nd Avenue North, New Hope MN 55428
|Thursdays||11 - 12:30 p.m.||Cooper High School
8230 47th Avenue North, New Hope MN 55428
|Fridays||11 - 12:30 p.m.||Northport Elementary
5421 Brooklyn Blvd., Brooklyn Center MN 55429
At Robbinsdale Area Schools, meals are healthy and well-balanced, providing students the nutrition they need to be successful at school.
Lunch Room Recipes You Can Make at Home
Robbinsdale Nutrition Services has been working hard to come up with new, updated recipes. We firmly believe healthy eating patterns are essential for students to do well in school, enjoy the time they spend with their friends and family, and fully develop mentally and physically. Furthermore, these habits have been linked to reduced risk for mortality and prevention of future chronic diseases.
Robbinsdale Nutrition Services lunch menus offer kids a wide variety of foods that are both nutritious and delicious. Cooking new recipes is a fun and engaging activity that can be enjoyed at home!
- Apple french toast bake (PDF)
- Creamy broccoli apple slaw (PDF)
- Honey sriracha roasted delicata squash (PDF)
- Hummus (PDF)
- Parmesan garlic roasted carrots with sriracha mayo dipping sauce (PDF)
- Roasted brussels sprouts with honey and dill (PDF)
- Roasted honey butter carrots (PDF)
- Spicy sweet potatoes (PDF)